Now hiring: VP/Senior Director for rapidly growing health care marketing and PR agency
Looking for a career opportunity at a fast-growing company in the healthcare space where you can make a difference in your clients and people’s lives? We need an experienced, strategic PR/marketing leader with a love of healthcare communications and people development to help us continue to grow our agency and serve our transformative group of clients.
Based in Santa Rosa or Newport Beach, California, and with practicing professionals throughout the country, Health+Commerce is a new, rapidly growing health care marketing and communications agency.
Our clients range from small startups to midsize public firms and large Fortune 500 companies. They include innovators like Alydia Health, Auris Health, Intersect ENT, Nevro, Levita Magnetics, NeoTract, Outset Medical, Spry Health, and Virtual Incision.
We’re continuously expanding and we are looking for an experienced professional to help lead our PR team. This Vice President role would serve as a trusted advisor to a portfolio of clients and a senior member of our staff, shaping the future success of our agency.
This position requires travel to our HQ in Santa Rosa, Calif. in beautiful Sonoma County, as well as client-related travel (primarily in San Francisco/Silicon Valley). We value our employees and our culture, offering team members flexibility, benefits, development opportunities and the chance to work with an amazing, smart, committed and fun group of people.
- Build and manage a team of account directors/managers and other team members
- Manage a diverse and stimulating range of client relationships – deliver intelligent informed counsel and communications solutions
- Be a senior management contact for our clients – managing issues, opportunities, budgets and organic growth of their business
- Develop key messages and voice to best tell our clients’ stories
- Seamlessly include added value digital integration within the agency’s wider services
- Develop traditional PR, digital marketing and social media campaigns that run across all key platforms and communities
- Strategically plan and manage PR activity and events for a portfolio of clients
- Assist with presenting and pitching for new business
- Assist with development, staffing and recruiting
- Maintaining a high awareness of issues and trends, as well as emerging clients in the healthcare market
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with over 10 years of experience
- Healthcare/medtech or related experience a must
- PR agency experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent client handling skills
- Well-developed strategic, planning and creative PR skills, including proposal writing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Media relations expertise: understanding what reporters want; how best to communicate with them
- Management ability to lead a work site and inspire and develop a team
- Good existing knowledge of content, social and digital, and a desire to learn more
- Commercial awareness with the ability to create budgets and monitor client profitability
- Ability to play a key role in developing and presenting new business pitches – with a proven ability to sell an idea and a hunter mentality for new business
- Good overall computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PR agency experience preferred. Sonoma County/Marin/SF/Silicon Valley or San Diego/Orange County-based preferred, though willing to discuss remote work arrangements for the right candidate.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.